Salary: $50,000.00 to $60,000.00 /year
The Full Charge Bookkeeper position is a multi-faceted role combining bookkeeping and human resources; perfect for the individual who wants to be integral in growing a small business. A successful candidate will be self-motivated, autonomous, meticulous with details, and personally invested in the success of our company.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Analyze and reconcile monthly bank statements
- Keeping financial records up-to-date
- Perform month and year end close process and generate monthly financial reports
- Prepare daily income/sales and prepare journal entry
- Sorts documents and posts debits/credits to proper account. Balances entries and makes necessary corrections
- Handling bookkeeping and following accounting best practices
- Fact-checking invoices for payment and processing
- Posting vendor payments and ACH payments
- Assisting in account analysis and account coding
- Handle tax matters, including student tuition, payroll tax, and property tax; coordinate business tax and franchise tax returns with outside CPA firm
- HR duties including new hire paperwork and benefits administration
- Perform general office duties such as filing, answering telephones if necessary, and handling routine correspondence when necessary
- Process Payroll, including entering timesheets in ADP and recording payroll journal entries to Quickbooks.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field.
- Four years of accounting experience.
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process.
- Training or experience in computer applications, including Excel, ADP, and Quickbooks.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Outstanding interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to communicate in a professional manner with all levels of staff.
- Must be able to operate efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced, changing environment. Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously without losing sight of timeframes and deadlines.
- Must be able to maintain customer confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Employee must be available Monday through Friday during the “core” work hours of 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Evening and weekend workContinue may be required as job duties demand.
VCC Management, LLC offers medical, dental, vision, and short term disability insurance as well as paid holidays and PTO.