Salary: $40,000.00 to $50,000.00 /year
Only applicants with Financial Aid, Admissions, or related private post-secondary experience will be considered.
Vogue College of Cosmetology School is looking for a full-time, highly motivated, energetic, dynamic, professional who would like the opportunity to join our team! Candidate must be goal oriented with great communication skills, a positive attitude, and possess excellent time management skills. We are looking for individuals who are committed to team success and have a passion for sharing the beauty industry. This position is based out of our home office in Austin managing five schools in San Antonio, Lubbock, McAllen, and Santa Fe, New Mexico.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Assist Director of Compliance with all company policies and all regulatory agencies, including but not limited to: Department of Education, Cosmetology State Licensing agencies, NACCAS
- Work with Compliance Director and Financial Aid Director to audit student files
- Assist in compiling Annual Report Data for NACCAS
- Business Office postings to Student ledgers for financial aid and tuition payments.
- Schedule and assist with yearly Student Aid Compliance Audit
- NLDS oversight with Director of Compliance and Financial Aid Director
- Perform general office duties such as filing, ordering for office supplies, and handling routine correspondence, banking, mailing, and any errands related to operational needs of the office management tem.
- Creation and distribution of weekly/monthly company newsletter.
- Assisting CEO and office staff with various duties/projects as needed.
- Answer main office line and direct calls to the appropriate party.
- Assist in updating/maintaining company social media accounts, advertising and assist with company website.
Qualifications and Skills
A minimum of 2 years of experience in Financial Aid required.
- Educational Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or other related field preferred but not required based on experience.
- Must have financial aid experience from a private post-secondary institution. Preferably a cosmetology school or school that offers a cosmetology program.
- Multi-unit salon or school management/operations experience with a strong operational understanding
- Strong computer software skills, including intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Outlook. Quickbooks would be a plus as well.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail for audit capability
- Expert level excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to implement and execute established policies and procedures
- Ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, outside clients, vendors, and students, and treat all levels with respect
- Energetic and hard-driving, responding quickly, cultivating a fast-paced, change-oriented workplace
- Possess a sense of urgency, working well under pressure and deadlines
- Must be able to work occasional overtime, weekends and/or holidays
- Ability to travel to areas outside of Austin up to 1 week per month but not every month.
Vogue College of Cosmetology offers medical, dental, vision, and short term disability insurance as well as paid holidays and PTO.